View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 07:23 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ber237 View Post
I saw the neurosurgeon yesterday and I was very comfortable with his recommendation. He recommends a "laminotomy-foraminotomy-decompression of the stenosis" between C7 -T1 on the right side. He said that if I can live with the neck pain from the arthritis/degenerative disk disease in C4-C6, then leave it alone. I have been living with that for many years now, so I see no reason that I can't continue to live with it. He said the radiologist underestimated the stenosis in C7-T1 on his report, because his opinion is that it's severe. He also said that this has been going on a long time, a lot longer than I've been having this nerve pain. I feel somewhat relieved; what do you all think?
Ber ---Im in 100% in total agreement with Leesa ! I have numerous family members and people I know do the laminotomy and foramintomy and no relief to all wind up ending needing a fusion . Your MRI problems were strongest c5 thru c7. I always think surgery is the last resort. That being said neck fusion does have a higer success rate then lower back. The fusion is considered GOLD STANDARD--proved higly successful for over 30 plus years. There is no gurantee with any surgery ---honestly im shocked at your surgeon response. This was the last thing I expected him to say. Please seek at least 2 more consults before moving forward.

p.s i know the procedure is alot easier recovery-- but my major concern is c5-7

Last edited by mg neck prob; 05-22-2013 at 08:00 AM.
mg neck prob is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ber237 (05-22-2013)