View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 08:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have one MRI more recent than this from the beginning of 2012, but I'm not sure where the results are right now. This is the MRI that they used to give me my actual diagnosis back in 2011. In the newer one, I do remember they said there was little to no change in it from the previous one other than my spine alignment. I'll find it when I get home tonight.

Dated: 2/17/11

Pulse Sequences: Sagittal T1 and T2 weighted images of the lumbar spine and axial T1 and T2 weighted images of the lumbar spine are presented.

Findings:

Todays study is compared to a prior study of 10/1/09. The height of the lumbar vertebral bodies is maintained and there is normal lordotic curvature and alignment. The lower cord and conus are normal. A small schmorls node involving the superior and end plate of L2 is unchanged since prior study.

L1-2: no disc herniation, central canal stenosis or neural canal narrowing is seen

L2-3: no disc herniation, central canal stenosis or neural canal compromise is seen.

L3-4: no disc herniation, central canal stenosis or neural canal narrowing is seen.

L4-5: There is ligamentous and facet hypertrophy bilaterally at this level. No disc herniation, significant central canal stenosis or neural canal narrowing is seen. The appearance is unchanged since prior exam.

Impression:

1. Small schmorls node involving the superior end plate of L2

2. ligamentous and facet hypertrophy at the L4-5 and L5-S1 levels

3. no disc herniation, central canal stenosis or neural foramen narrowing is seen. no interval changes are noted when compared to prior study.

and here is a picture attached of my spine from the side. the line drawn on the left is what I was told my curvature should look more like.

Also, in case it makes much of a difference my only range of motion significantly impacted is bending back. I am limited to 5* travel, not necessarily by pain either... that is just literally all I can bend.
Attached Thumbnails
Help/Opinion on Facet Joint Hypertrophy-0f1f6384-926e-4565-beca-2b3603561f52_zpsc68c2e73-jpg  
NMB2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote