View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 10:20 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloecasey View Post
Pattymary
I too have had issues with breathing. At about 20 months postop I was still having great problems and my chest xray showed that my diaphragm was still elevated......it was last summer & it was awful as the heat & humidity made it even worse.....stayed in with the air going to make things easier.
When my shortness of breath was really bad I found doing the "diaphragmatic breathing" helpful as I usually had major anxiety that was very scary and it seemed to help calm me down if nothing else.

I did have complications with my initial surgery which resulted in 2 further surgeries for Lymph leaks and I also had a large pleural effusion....so my breathing issues were the result of that.
I am now at about 28 months and chest tightness & shortness of breath are apparent when I do too much. I also have great fatigue, light headedness & nausea which now I have been told is likely due to Vagus nerve damage.

Did you have any complications?

chloecasey
I didn't have any complications. I have been having breathing issues every since surgery but I thought it was my lung. The diaphragmatic breathing does help. I continue to push, I am putting weights on my diaphragm when I do the diaphragmatic breathing. I have a little weight to loose since I haven't been very active since this whole thing happened.
I am hoping all these things help. I am only two months out from surgery so I still hopeful it will come back. I have had a lot of nerve surgery in the past and my nerves always come back, it just takes time. I am still going to PT and will continue until I am 100 % I am at 90% right now. External rotation of my shoulder from the pec minor release is the weakest. I am going to the doc tomorrow so they can start treating me for some asthma/reactive airway symptoms. Plus I think I am now having congestion in my lung...YAY me!
Pattymary88 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote