View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 10:45 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you for all of the advice, I'm grateful for the support I'm getting from the folks in this forum.

I spoke with my son's GI and she suggested a menometry to diagnose the Hirschsprung's. I still disagree with his neuro on this, so I don't think I will put him through the abdominal CT scan with the NG tube, his GI informed me that an upper GI ct scan is not even the proper way to diagnose Hirschsprung's.

Some good news: I believe the migraines/muscle cramps/weakness in limbs that my son has been suffering from were caused by the adult does of Miralax that the GI had him on for the past few weeks. I haven't given him the Miralax in 2 days and guess what? No headaches/muscle spasms last night or today and his legs are less weak and wobbly. I mentioned this to his GI today and she agreed with me and advised me to switch him to Metamucil Clear and Natural. I know that Miralax works wonders for some people, but I have a strong feeling that my son's system is hypersensitive to the ingredients in the Miralax or that he is just allergic to it, so I will not be giving him any type of laxative in the future unless its all natural. Thank God for Google! Sometimes you have to be your own doctor, even when the real doctors disagree.

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks and share this info with all of you. I will keep you informed, hopefully he will continue to improve over the next few days, I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Thanks again,
Sally
sallymanda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (05-22-2013), Magirose (05-22-2013)