View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 11:20 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused What is the best test for AChR negative patients?

Hi everyone I just wondered what test I should push for as my neuro doesn't seem very pro-active and I don't see him offering to do them all!

As some of you know, I've been pursuing this for 9years but thankfully had a few years of mild symptoms so just got on with it as I didn't get very far with a diagnosis! I am now 3 months into a relapse and at the same stage (bloods clear, chest x-ray clear, MRI clear and a negative AChR test) this is as far as I got last time but this time my neuro has said this doesn't rule out MG (as we all know too well!) and he is clearly looking in that direction.

So....back to the question (sorry-I do ramble on!) would someone with a negative AChR test be more likely to test positive for the anti MuSK or an EMG (or SFEMG)??? The more I research the more I see there are patient groups who show negative on both who still have MG and I am scared I am to push for either one as I don't want another negative test and therefore no answers when all my symptoms point to MG! I would ideally like both but if he is resistant to that what would you advise as the best test? My main symptoms are one sided facial droop and eyelid droop, my legs and breathing become involved during bad days when I have tried to continue normal life but they seem to fluctuate the most and maybe more fatigueable than weak like my face at this stage.

Thanks again for your help x
Unsure81 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote