View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 12:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

It's now 6 weeks since I've had the rhizotomy and I'm feeling much better, but still have swelling in the muscle tissue that I'm still icing twice a day. The problem still exists with my L4/L5 disk having zero fluid and 20% to 30% of it being removed thus it's riding lower than it should be so I still am unable to run or lift heavy weights without further stressing that disk. So I baby my disk as much as I can and treat it with great care.

Overall the pain from the facets pinching the nerves has been alleviated after having the nerves cauterized and I'm able to get on with life relatively well, but as I stated earlier...I can't lift anything heavy or run. Even stepping down hard can be felt easily and quickly regretted later. I almost need to continue to walk gingerly as if sneaking around some days.

I do utilize a back swing regularly to get the pressure off the disk for 5 to 15 minutes a day. I probably should do more. I think it helps.

I'd recommend this procedure to anyone who has compromised their disk and find that their vertebrae are closer than they should be, however, it's not a total fix. Unless the disk is sitting at the correct height there will always be a need to treat the disk with the utmost care.

I think it's worth it if it buys more time before I have to face the music with a spinal fusion...which I'm absolutely dreading getting.
Geno is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote