Thread: taking mestinon
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 12:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

only thing i have read that mestinon can help with other than myasthenia gravis is nerve gas treatment. as on the website I found but yes, thats why this disease is often called the snowflake disease as well. Everyone single person is unique in the disease and we may have simular symptoms we are all different in with how this disease came on. Mine was, arm weakness. I worked in a freezer and in the onset days my arms would grow weaker and weaker till I could lift them no more...then the vision started, double and blurred there were many nights driving home from work that I had to drive with one eye. Then when I knew I needed medical is when I would just fall into my front door after working...or fall coming up the stairs my legs would just give out. But each one of us is different and started different. My breathing wasn't really effected till my crisis in March when I had Pneumonia. Ended up in the hospital, well 3 hospitals for a month. Had a incubator and a NG tube for 2 or 3 weeks of it. Lungs decided they wanted to collapse the night of my crisis too...It's a long story but just to say everyone is unique in this disease and no matter what ur symptoms may be please careful. MG is serious. were here for support no matter what...

"FDA APPROVES PYRIDOSTIGMINE BROMIDE AS PRETREATMENT AGAINST NERVE GAS"
http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/EmergencyPr.../ucm130342.htm
huntress is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
southblues (05-22-2013)