View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 12:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ber237 View Post
Well now I get to be the one who is surprised. I thought the conservative approach was the way to go. It could be because I presented with classic nerve pain and with no symptoms from the C5-C7 issues, which obviously didn't happen overnight. Maybe that's why he thinks they don't need fusions. I mean he looked at the same pictures the radiologist did. He did say he wished he could see the MRI pictures from 2010, which I think I'm going to ask for. It takes so long to get appointments with neurosurgeons...what's a girl to do?
I know its not easy --it def is a much easier procedue and quicker recovery. I think req 2010 mri as well. My only concern is he focsed on c7-t1---if ur going thru a procedure sometimes they get in there and see fusion is required may not have your consent. Try to get one more consult or drop off your mri from 2010 and ask him to call you after he reads it-- and inquire about the c5-c7 disc. Im not knocking it but before u go thru surgery of any kind I would make sure your both confident this is the best option.
mg neck prob is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ber237 (05-22-2013)