View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 01:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Saw a Neurologist - Depacon IV

Called Neurologist who was recommended to me and he had an opening this morning so I rushed out the door.

Diagnosis - Status Migrainosus post TBI also caused by pressure while flying. Had the ER told me not to fly this might not have been so bad.

Treatment - I go back the afternoon to get an IV and will administer Depacon 100 mg intravenously for the next few days. They will do my initial dose in the office under supervision and the others I will administer myself at home via IV.

They have assigned me a Home Healthcare Nurse. But I am an EMT and have the Flight Attendant training that I can administer my own with no problem. I will stay with my Parents tonight and my mom insisted my dad stay with me tomorrow. Even when you grow up - you never really grow up to them

I understand this is a FDA Black Box Drug. I am also a Paralegal and work (contract) for a Pharmaceutical Litigation Firm so I understand what this means. The Dr said I had about a 73% chance of improvement. I am hopeful. He also believes is will help with all the other symptoms and lack of sleep.

Say a lil prayer for me and Ill update you all as to how it is going.
Stewardess is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote