View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 01:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattymary88 View Post
I didn't have any complications. I have been having breathing issues every since surgery but I thought it was my lung. The diaphragmatic breathing does help. I continue to push, I am putting weights on my diaphragm when I do the diaphragmatic breathing. I have a little weight to loose since I haven't been very active since this whole thing happened.
I am hoping all these things help. I am only two months out from surgery so I still hopeful it will come back. I have had a lot of nerve surgery in the past and my nerves always come back, it just takes time. I am still going to PT and will continue until I am 100 % I am at 90% right now. External rotation of my shoulder from the pec minor release is the weakest. I am going to the doc tomorrow so they can start treating me for some asthma/reactive airway symptoms. Plus I think I am now having congestion in my lung...YAY me!

I tried the inhalers ....did not always help the issues. In my case, the multiple surgeries, likely poor arm positiong in surgery ( which I discovered in my research can cause Phrenic Nerve Injury and even airway complication during anesthesia ) and the "messing with the nerves" and now scar tissue that has led to my ongoing problems. When it affects the respiratory system that is so much more serious in my opinion.
chloecasey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote