View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 03:17 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

You've gotten some great suggestions so far. There is no way I could survive without a/c where I live. I'd be a neurological mess. Here's some things I do to keep cool. I drink iced drinks (water and/or tea). I get in the shower 2 to 3 times a day in the summer to cool my body down and if I have been out in the heat and can't seem to cool off when I get inside, I shower again. It helps bring the body temp down. I use a fan to help as well. And, taking a shower and then sitting in front of the fan helps tremendously as well, especially if you don't have a/c. I have a large ice gel pak that I keep in the freezer at all times. I pull that out to help cool me down quickly. I have a couple of smaller ones that I use in the car. When I was on C, I would save the ice packs they used to package the medication. These were great in the car as well. They stay cool longer than the store bought gel packs.

Again, it gets way too hot here (well in to the 100s) during the summer. I basically hibernate during the summer months. I go out early in the morning or later in the evening after the sun has gone down. The temps are a little cooler and more tolerable. I use a sunshade on my window in the car to help reflect the sun off the car and keep the inside of the car a little cooler while I am not driving it. I always carry ice water in the car with me at all times. This helps keep me cool as well and if I get too overheated, I can splash it on my wrists feet or dump it over my head (I have had to do that before).

I'm glad your bf got you the a/c. He is a keeper.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (05-24-2013), ginnie (05-22-2013), GladysD (05-22-2013), SallyC (05-22-2013), wingsscrub (05-22-2013)