View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 04:55 PM
anon22217

anon22217

Default UCSF concussion clinic

I would like to post my experience at the UCSF concussion clinic.

I first spent one hour doing an impact test and then a series of vestibular tests which I all passed.

Then I was seen by a neurologist, Neurosurgeon and a neuropsychologist.

They listened to my story.

Before they left to consult with one another, the neurosurgeon said to me that my MRI and CT scans are both clear and normal which means that my brain is healthy and injury free and that my symptoms are coming from an external source and not from my brain. I'm not sure what to think of this.

The neurologist and neurosurgeon returned. I guess the neuropsychologist didn't return because he felt that I didn't need his help? Anyway, they suggested nortriptyline of 40 mg at night and suggested that I do 20 min of stattionary bike exercise at half the recommended heart rate for my weight and height and then if this does not aggravate my symptoms to increase it.

I will return to see them on July 16th.

Anyway, they didn't really mention a timeline or recovery. I asked him if the medications will take away my headaches 100% and he said no they won't they will just help me manage it. But that some people, wake up one day and that all the headaches are suddenly gone . He said that if I feel good for 3 months straight then I can begin to taper off the medications.

Anyway, no new answers. Still a bit confused as ever.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote