View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 06:11 PM
anon22217

anon22217

Thank you so much. I know that stress is a mitigating and aggravating factor in my condition and before my answer was well i'm stressed BECAUSE of my injury! But I know i need to control it somehow

I feel I've been to so many doctors both at Stanford and at PAMF and now UCSF. I still have yet to find a good doctor who understands mTBI. Did Dr. Mendius refer you to anyone who does? I live in Sunnyvale CA but if you recommend him I will go to see him.

Thank you so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berkeleybrain View Post
I haven't been to the clinic because I have heard from friends that they are very good at acute and severe traumatic brain injury, but not so good with mild tbi.

I'm sorry your experience only confirms this. The CT and MRI may show no structural damage (ie bleeds or contusions), but there is a lot of shearing and axonal damage that can occur which would never show on CT/MRI.

I saw Dr. J. Richard Mendius of Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation (Greenbrae) who was knowledgeable about mtbi and the power of meditation to help with anxiety. He may be able to refer you to a doctor who is on the peninsula who is experienced with PCS/ mtbi.

Good luck!
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote