View Single Post
Old 05-12-2007, 08:32 AM

Location: I'm from San Diego,CA!I'm stuck in Utah now, I will get back to the BEACH ASAP!It's my"Happy Place"!
15 yr Member

Location: I'm from San Diego,CA!I'm stuck in Utah now, I will get back to the BEACH ASAP!It's my"Happy Place"!
15 yr Member
Confused How I was Diagnosed and My Dr.s Opinion!.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie99 View Post
Not trying to sound funny here,but are you sure what you are feeling right now is the COPD?

It sound a bit like a flu virus or something. Also you said you are in pain from the COPD, what is it you feel exactly?

How was it diagnosed,and what symptoms did you have prior?

What does the doctor say?
I was having a hard time breathing while laying down,and have for awhile,years,and a lot of chest pain,and coughing w/sputum,sometimes with blood in it.I have Asthma,and was diagnosed with Chronic Bronchitis in my mid twenties.So,I asked my Dr. to test me for COPD,and he just said I have it,and that he already knew,and he thought that I had already known as well. Then I started getting weaker and weaker with one thing after another,and have had pneumonia now for 3-4 months.I had the chicken pox again,throughout the month of February,when I just had it through January of 2006! Now I've had a chronic fever for about 3 months,a low grade,sometimes it spikes and gets pretty high,103 at the highest so far,and I have been having passing out episodes.3 of them in the last month,the first one,I don't remember hitting the ground,and I didn't come to for almost 5 hours.The second time was the same,I didn't remember hitting the ground,but I was only out for 2 hours,then the third was last week,and I was only out for 20 minutes,but I felt that one coming.So,I made it to the bed,just in time,but my legs were still dangling off the side,cause I didn't get there in time to put my legs up.I spike a fever whenever I do any type of physical activity,and the dizzy spells just come when i'm least expecting them.
Now when I went to the doctor last,it was the day after I passed out last,and I was running a fever of 100.4,and he said he was sure it was just my medication,my thorazine,which my second opinion said he's full of ****! He said he can't explain the passing out,so that's the medicine to! Once again,full of ****! They did a heart study,and it didn't show a heart condition,so he did not put me back on anti-biotics,he said just to deal with the fevers,and referred me to my shrink about my medicine! My second opinion said I need to get in to see a Pulmonologist ASAP! I have an infection somewhere,and I'm not getting enough oxygen.But with my insurance I need a referral from my doctor,and he won't give me one,because he is convinced it's my meds.So I'm getting a different doctor at a different building,that is right next to the hospital! I also heard a rumor that lately a few of his patients,my age,and even younger, have died.I'm only 33!
I believe I have the COPD,but there is something else going on right now with my body as well that is making me feel much sicker.I read that you can get COPD from having a lot of childhood respiratory infections also,and I did a lot,and left untreated,cause my Mom didn't want to pay the medical bills!

Justice
Quote:
"You Can Do Anything You Put Your Mind To." -*My Dad*-
Justice is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote