Thread: May Check In
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2007, 08:39 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Ok, I'll check in, even though it's been awhile. Things get to be such a routine. Guess that's a good thing.

We had Andrew's Transitional IEP a couple of weeks ago for his move up to Kindergarten. I am so happy b/c they agreed to put him ESY at his new elementary so we can transition him this summer. I had visions of him entering his first day of school screaming bloody murder. Since Andrew is a screamer when he is upset, and a new school, teacher, etc, will do that. He's been fully included thru pre-school and I'd like to see the majority of elementary the same way. Good thing his annual is in Sept b/c we can discuss this. Right now they have him at only about 20% included which I'm not happy with. Fortunately the Dir of Sp Ed is awesome and knew this as soon as the teacher said something. She jumped right in and said we would re-evaluate the inclusion in Sept since she knows I'm a strong advocate of it. I'm fine with that as it does give Andrew more time to adjust to the new routine.

We are planning our first vacation in over 6 years for Memorial Day weekend. Nothing to exciting, just running down to St Louis for the weekend. I'm still in my first year at work so it's impossible to get any time off. So we'll take advantage of the 3 day weekend. I'm so excited. My mom is meeting us there so I'll get some help w/ Andrew if I need it. We want to do the zoo and it'll be interesting to see how he does.

That's about it. Aaron's face met concrete on Weds. Concrete won. Poor kid. He's adding to his battle scars.

Hope all is well.

Laura