View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 09:43 PM
----

10 yr Member
----

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AynaDee View Post
I took Rebif from 09-11. I stopped because it was making me worse. My symptom list continued growing and I felt sick all the time. And I have never been put in a rrms category. My new neuro thinks im secondary and said if so no dmd will help anyways.

Its good you only have mild issues with mobility. Hopefully that area wont progress so you can stay on your feet longer!

When I was diagnosed I was terrified of the wheelchair as I was 21 and completely unable to walk for an entire month. The chair doesnt scare me as much as losing the ability to talk, being trapped in a fast spinning world, or losing eyesight.

I completely agree with you about not knowing when its going to attack. one day youre fine, the next you cant even get out of bed.

Also, if it turns out these episodes are seizures, thats even scarier because I know ms is what caused the damage in my brain that causes me to have them. And let me tell you what, these episodes are beyond terrifying. My insides feel horrible as they are happening and afterwards as well.

I can deal with pain. but the episodes are so scary that it makes going back to sleep quite difficult as I can feel that another one will happen. Theyve happened so many times that I TRY to stay as calm as possible but my insides are screaminh "youre gonna die go to the hospital!'

My mri is june 5th and said to take 3 hours. Not looking forward to being trapped in a box with a hammer noise pounding around my head for 3 hrs (it literally makes my brain feel so awful in certain areas but I suppose thats the point) I am however looking forward to new results so I can get some assistance in this crappy position im in.

I wish there was an 'off' button for ms and a 'resume to normal' button for us. I cant remember the last day where I forgot I had ms because I had no symptoms.. Its been years. I still put a smile on my face and understand I could always be worse so I am Very grateful for that
Secondary right off the wagon? Does this mean there will be a steady decline with no "breaks"? When you turn 35, where do you think it will be at as far as disability? I got lucky as I did not feel the full force until my early 30's when I finally got an answer to my problems. To this day I can walk with a normalish gait, not run real fast, but I can get up and go without thinking about it, yet. I've never been in a wheelchair, not even from onset... I do feel lucky and I feel so bad for you.

Take care.
EricP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote