View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 11:26 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default thank you, thank you, thank you...

it is so maddening to be sitting on something this mind blowing and not be able to get someone to just try it. Thank you, Ken. I hereby make you a member of the White Rats

to answer your questions as best i can:
1- at least one WR has reported worsening of symptoms when he takes his watch off.
2-4 we don't know yet

this is something brand new. we have looked hard. we need more Rats!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Tower View Post
Rick, even though I have monitored BT2 since its inception and was a very infrequent poster on BT1 you had to go and get a thread that I can't let go.

While I am still waiting for the other shoe to drop, I am still not in need of medications and unless there was something closer to perfect then I choose to avoid any side effects.

My primary symptom is tremor of the right hand/forearm and stiffness in the fingers and while subtle all the symptoms are there.

With that introduction -- I have tried just a simple rubber band in various places on the forearm and feel generally more comfortable, fewer tremor instances and a decrease in amplitude when it does occur. I feel there is some effect on the stiffness and finger tapping ability but very little. It seems to be important to change the position of the bands every few hours. I will try a tensor bandage type of band.

Questions?
Why no noticeable effect from a watchband?
Why no noticeable effect from socks?
What is the similarity to acupuncture pressure points?
What has happened with the fellow that had permanent acupuncture?

thanks ,,, ken
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote