View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 09:33 AM
----

10 yr Member
----

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
It's a hard pill to swallow, Eric. Very humbling. It's certainly made me a more compassionate individual. I feel sorry for those who feel they can't take the time to be kind or share a smile with someone.

I'm a lot more compassionate towards people now since I have been needing assistance myself. It's unfortunate that people would not be like this without needing to experience it for themselves THEN "knowing"

I was never a rude person to handicapped people I would help when asked, but I usually never went out of my way for any of them. Back then it was just another old fart in a scooter and random paralyzed person in a Quickie. I never payed much attention and sometimes even got annoyed if they were holding me up trying to get around them and the scooters.

So tables are turned now and now I am "getting" what they all have to bare and it sucks.

I admit most people are good with me in these situations, but the fear of getting a dirty look or "get out of my way, comment or something, will be quite hurtful. One more thing I'll have to grow some nuts for I guess.
EricP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (05-24-2013)