View Single Post
Old 05-12-2007, 09:32 AM
----

15 yr Member
----

15 yr Member

Wiix

I have the same suspicion, but I also feel that way about all the prescription medication doled out these days.

My husband injured his back a few years ago, and it was discovered he has large spurs on his vertebra and several slipped and herniated discs. We have no private insurance, so he has to rely on the VA for his healthcare. They gave him pain pills, but had to add several other medications to counteract the side effects, including anti-depressants because they said the pain pills can cause depression.

His pain is just as bad as it was when he first injured his back. The only difference is he's on numerous medications and dealing with nasty side effects. When he complains of the side effects, they either change the dosage or give him more prescriptions.

I have a strong feeling they care NOTHING about my husband's welfare. I suspect they get paid for each visit to the VA and for each prescription written.

I have no idea now if his symptoms are signs of serious disease or just side effects of medication. In his case, he needs surgery - but the VA makes more money by giving him drugs.
KathyM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote