View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 11:27 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Pam,

Dealing with RSD can be a PITA. The complications of anything that causes irritation or trauma can be unpredictable.

I am getting the impression that your dental health is not so good and that you have other problems with other teeth. Is that correct?

If so, then it may be wise to look at the whole picture and not just patch up this and that because the inflammation from unhealthy teeth is aggravating the RSD on a continual basis.

I know you don't want a denture, but in looking at the big picture is this truly where you are headed in the future? If so, then it may behoove you to remove the bad teeth and go into a partial denture which can be adapted to accommodate additional teeth as they are removed down the road. In the meantime you would be adapting to wearing the partial denture so when the time came to go into a full denture it would not be so bad. Removing the teeth will lessen the inflammatory burden that is caused by the teeth. The oral surgery may cause a flare up or exacerbate the RSD symptoms. But it would most likely be temporary and in the long run lessen your overall inflammation.

This is not an easy decision. But it would be better to deal with this now before the health of the teeth deteriorates further.

I hope I have explained that okay. Would it be possible for your physicians to work up a medication protocol for you to undergo oral surgery? One that may perhaps lessen the severity of a flare up??

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
Hi

I really need help. I was diagnosed with RSD 10 years ago. I had a stellate block to confirm it. Although I wonder since most of pain is aching and stabbing.

This summer two of my teeth broke off at the gum line. Top front of course. One is my eye tooth.

My dentist wants me to have an implant but I'm concerned I'll have a big time flare up and the implant could fall out due to bone loss.

He says there are too many teeth to bridge because of the loss of the eye tooth.

My last choice is pulling them all (again risking permanent mouth pain) and get dentures which I'd rather not have.

Please help

Pam
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote