Thread: Question
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2007, 09:37 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default movement

You are welcome....

I had a great conversation with my daughter's PT. When we make her work hard and move her foot and use it, her pain spikes for a bit and then she tends to get better. Now, this isn't saying it stays that way always but moving it tends to help her. She is a pediatric therapist that has worked really hard to learn a lot about RSD--we have had her for 5 years. She has commented that PT for adults is different for children--not sure what the differences are but she was thinking that more and more therapists look to doing stuff with adults that children do in PT.

One way to exercise that we found was a local hotel pool. Our clinic pool had temperatures for all the local pools so we found a warmer one and they gave my daughter and I free monthly passes to use the pool 24/7. I paid for my other daughter to go so she didn't feel so left out. We could bring in noodles to help lighten the weight and had a blast. She particularly liked the hot tub afterwards! Maybe there is one in your area that would help you out. I took a brochure to them about RSD and they were so kind.