View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 01:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

You might ask your doc to put you on Topamax. It works MUCH better (for me) than Gabapentin EVER did. The Gabapentin made me feel LOOPY and kind of nauseated, plus I gained 30 lbs of water weight! I hated that stuff. So I did some research, and found Topamax -- it was kinda new at the time, and my doc hadn't heard of it. I asked him if we could try it and he said ok. WOW - it worked great!

I had NO side effects at all. Plus it totally ended the burning, the zaps, all the neuropathy!! I was amazed, to tell you the truth. And I'm not on a high dosage either -- only 400mg per day! Not bad, huh?

So ask your doc about it -- I'm NOT saying that you won't have ANY side effects, cause you might. Hopefully, they'll go away after a time. I hope so anyway. Will you let me know what he says? I'd appreciate it!

God bless and take care. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (06-10-2013), scottishandy (05-23-2013)