View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 03:51 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

hudsmom, that's a really difficult question really.
I'm sorry he's experiencing this anxiety. My son had really bad anxiety when he was little... similar story to what you've described although he got to the stage he just refused to go to school at all and that wasn't a very good time I remember.

I guess the only real practical suggestion I can make right now would be to keep sticking to a routine. I remember at one time when things were really difficult that I used to spend a fair bit of time at our junior school helping out with reading and doing some odd jobs in the office. I was also fortunate in a couple of the grades to have really wonderful teachers who were helpful and understanding.

Hopefully the baths before bed will soon help him be able to get a better night of sleep. Hopefully also that those painful shoulder tics will be gone soon.

edited to add: I've read this author's book on OCD which was excellent but haven't read this particular one on Anxiety.
I have heard excellent reviews however.

Tamar Chansky
Freeing Your Child from Anxiety: Powerful, Practical Solutions to Overcome Your Child's Fears, Worries and Phobias.

http://www.worrywisekids.org/
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote