View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 04:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherd View Post
I am new to this site but wanted to ask if anyone has had this surgery that my surgeon is wanting to do to help with mobility in my neck. I have had 6 major spine surgeries over the past several years and I am now fused from my c3 down to my pelvis. Last surgery was last Feb 2012, and ended up almost loosing my life, as I went into shock couple days after surgery and my kidneys shut down. Anyway I continue to have pain and kyposis in my neck and can't look up or turn my head either side. I have no muscle or fat left in my neck and the hardware is showing. He wants to cut in the c7 area making a triangle so my head can come up. I'm not sure exactly how to explain it but another extensive surgery and would be in halo brace for a few months. I don't know if I can take it again but I don't like the way I am now with my head looking down to my feet all the time. Plus a plastic surgeon is going to fix the back of my neck so it doesn't look so bad. I am 60yoa and right now my life really sucks. Any comments or feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Hi Cherd,

Wow 6 spinal surgerys!!! I will never complain again about anything!! I assume this is all the kyphosis ? Is it Schuermanns? So-- thru all these surgerys they havent been able to fix the curve ? Hows you pain level? To me 60 is young-- did this start with osteperosis (sorry dont know how to spell it) later in life or did you always have this curve-- since you were young? The halo doesnt sound fun at all either. Seems you gone this far does your surgeon think #7 surgery will finally fix the problem? Im very sorry to read all you been thru and in advance for asking all the questions--I dont know to many people having done so many spinal surgerys. I wish you nothing but the best and hope something will give you the relief you really deserve.
mg neck prob is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (05-23-2013)