Thread: Advice please
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 07:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Report as follows.

No marrow signal abnormalities. Spinal column is normal in volume and signal.

Thoracic spine is normal in alignment.

T1/T2-T4/T5 Unremarkable

T5/T6 Shallow disk protrusion with no canal or foraminal stenosis.

T6/T7 Shallow left paracentral disc protrusion with no canal or foraminal stenosis.

T7/T8 Shallow disk protrusion with no canal or foraminal stenosis.

T8/T9 Right paracentral disc extrusion up to 4 mm in diameter with flattening or the ventral margin of the cord but no associated canal stenosis. T8 neural foramina are widely patent.

T9/T10 Invertebral disc is normal in height and signal. T9 neural foramina are patent.

T10/11-T12/L1 Unremarkable
Paraspinal soft tissues are within normal limits.

As I understand it there are small bulges at T5/T6, T6/T7, and T7/T8 but they do not indicate any reason for the origination of pain. The T8/T9 however may or is pushing on the spinal cord? I do have pain that is between my shoulder blades but it is not as bad as the lumbar region.

L5/S1 Shallow left paracentral disk protrusion and annular tear noted with no mass effect upon the lateral recesses or canal stenosis. L5 foramina are widely patent. Incidental note is made of asymmetry to the appearance of the right S1 nerve root sleeve representing conjoined appearance of the proximal right S1 and S2 nerve roots.

L4/L5 Generalized bulge of the disk annulus and ligamentum flavum thickening noted with no associated canal stenosis. A left extraforaminal disc protrusion and annular tear noted, abutting the exiting left L4 nerve root. The spinal canal is relatively well-preserved with no canal stenosis or lateral recess narrowing. The right L5 foramen is mildly narrowed from ligamentum flavum thickening and vertebral endplate spur.

L3/L4 Mild ligamentum flavum thickening. No disk herniation, canal stenosis or foraminal stenosis.

L1/L2 Tiny central disk protrusion noted at this level with no associated canal or forminal stenosis.

Paraspinal soft tissues are within normal limits. No marrow signal abnormalities. No evidence for marrow or ligamentous injury.

There is a note in the impressions that the L4 disc protrusion to be correlated clinically for any dermatomal symptoms. I assume this to mean that this is the most obvious cause of the lumbar pain I experience. I hope this helps and thank you for responding.

To see the divine in the moment.
rmschaver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote