Thread: Advice please
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 09:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

While you have several quite small herniations, none should be causing the pain you describe.

The T8-9 "flattens the front margin of the cord" but there is no cord stenosis or narrowing. So the T8-9 isn't really doing the cord any real damage at this point.

At L4-5 with the bulge of the disc annulus & disc protrusion & annular tear abutting the nerve root -- that could HURT. Anytime we mess around with nerve roots, it does hurt.

However, I still don't think this is a surgical event. I would HOPE no surgeon would do surgery, as I just don't think it's called for -- YET. And your pain would probably NOT be relieved.

I know you're hurting, and you should probably see a pain management doctor if you haven't already. The only trouble with them is that they always want to do steroid injections -- and they rarely work. But, I hope you find some relief. Please take care and God bless. Let us know what happens, will you PLEASE? I'd REALLY LIKE TO KNOW! Big hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote