View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 12:31 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you

It does help quite a bit to know there are others going through this, I've been feeling like the only one lately, even though I know it's not true.

I hate when it seems like they just wanna diagnose you with something so they can just start treating you for what they think you have, I hope that's not the case for you, but it doesn't sound like they're treating all your symptoms, I hope that changes for you soon

The rheumatologist I had even tried telling me positive ANA can happen in healthy people too, but as far as I know it can imply something is wrong in someone who has symptoms along with the positive ANA.

Most doctors will try to tell you you're crazy if they can't find anything wrong with you, which I find kind of arrogant, it implies they know your body better than you and know without a doubt nothing is causing your symptoms cause nothing they're looking for is showing up, which most of the time it's because they are not looking for the right thing.

It's hard but I am trying to keep from getting too frustrated, my mom and my fiance are very supportive which I know is very lucky. Thank you for your post, I hope you find answers soon as well, it's nice to know there's others going through this stuff too

Quote:
Originally Posted by amycompton View Post
Elayna, I can't say I have any answers for you, but I definitely have sympathy for you having gone thru the same thing, and continuing to do so. I had/have the majority of your symptoms; I had the positive ANA with the rheumatologist that lost interest after a while and all those things. I ended up at a neuro when I was in my early teens who diagnosed me with partial seizures and as I got older I had some grand mal seizures after having about 6 or 7 over six or so years, and was diagnosed with epilepsy about a week ago bc no one else had any other ideas. I even went to the mayo clinic for a month with no luck. I have extremely hi heart rate and so many other symptoms that don't make sense, definitely nothing epilepsy covers. I wish I had answers for you, but I wanted you to know there are other people out there in the same situation in which they actually want a doctor to tell them something is wrong with them and stop looking at you like you're seeking attention or depression is causing all of your symptoms.

Keep trying and try as hard as it may be not to get too frustrated.
There are more of us out there than you think.
Keep in touch. You'll be in my thoughts
Elayna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote