View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 12:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brambledog View Post
Hi Vrae,

I had a large white patch that came up on one of my fingernails, it's in the process of moving down towards the tip, and the rest of the nail seems to be ok. I know fingernails can allegedly tell a lot about your health in terms of their condition, it might be due to a mineral deficiency or something like that.

Is it the nail itself, or the flesh under the nail (nailbed) that is white? If its the nailbed then I think it's probably a blood flow thing (I have patches on my toes where the blood flow is crap and it does look odd), if it's the nail itself then I'd ask your docs opinion.

Sorry I can't really help! Good luck

Bram.
Thanks Bram, I've heard that too about nails telling a lot about your health, but I don't know much more than that. I've ask the Google Gods and didn't get much that made sense for me. I can't really tell if its the nail or the flesh. I guess if it starts to grow out then it's the nail, but it's odd like that. It starts to be white just after where the moon is, and then stops just before where the nail has is growing out over flesh. clear as mud? To me also! lol <sigh> just one more unknown for now I guess. I showed it to my daughter tonight and said, doesn't it look like I'm wearing white polish? She agreed.

Thanks for the feedback!
Vrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote