View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 11:09 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winic1 View Post
I sleep on a recliner section of our couch in the living room, packed in with as many as 7 pillows to support the bad arm & shoulder, back, knees, try to keep me on my side all night....it's ridiculous. Wedge on a bed was no longer enough. Some nights, the "just not quite breathing enough" thing kicks in anyway, and it becomes a battle of finding the right angle and propping to overcome the overly slow shallow breathing, but still be reclined enough to be able to sleep. The accident that started this whole mess also, for some unknown reason, left me with a really dry mouth, so sleeping on my back is not an option, I wake up so dry I can't move my tongue or throat to swallow, and then they continue to feel raw all day from being so dried out while sleeping.

I haven't slept flat or nearly flat in over 3 years. Which is certainly not helping the back injuries I had, I never get the pressure off my back because I sleep more sitting than laying.

I would just really like whatever the problem is proven, so I'm not just a nut who needs to go take a walk, or a valium. ("If you worry about things like your breathing and heartrate, they will have problems." Well, I don't worry about them except when they give me problems, and it's not even worrying about them, it's dealing with and counteracting them when they happen, rather matter-of-factly after all this time, AND if they weren't giving me problems, I wouldn't even NOTICE them in the first place, you (insert obscentity here!!!!))
I second that!!.........wonder if they would have a different view if one of their family member or friend had these issues....or maybe even themselves!!
chloecasey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote