View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 12:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayolagal View Post
Just wanted to close the loop and let you all know that the EMG and antibody tests came back positive and were enough for a diagnosis. My Neuro prescribed 60mg of Mestinon three times a day and I just took my first dose.

I'm not sure how I feel about the diagnosis and the medication. On one hand I have a diagnosis and on the other is the fear of what the diagnosis will bring. I'm a pretty healthy 40-year-old working mom with a family. For 2.5 weeks I've had blurred vision and a droopy left eyelid. I do have moments of fatigue during the day but they are manageable. It concerned me and I went to see my optometrist, doctor, and neurologist. These appointments have happened quickly and for that I am grateful but I still struggle with what is next.

I am in the process of scheduling a follow-up with a neurologist who specializes in MG - he was actually the one that did my EMG. How often do you see your neurologists? What should I be looking for as I take the medicine?

Thank you for your help!
I'm a newbie with the disease also. I was diagnosed not quite a year ago. The most positive thing about the disease for me is that it IS manageable. Educate yourself, keep as positive an attitude as possible, and follow your doctor's orders. Good luck to you!
uncledave is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
crayolagal (05-24-2013), Fortunatos (05-24-2013), Mastas (05-26-2013), southblues (05-24-2013)