View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 12:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Jo*mar - my ortho doc said that in the absence of thyroid problems or b12 deficiency that the hand symptoms could be related to the MRI findings, but that is why he is sending me to the neurologist. I don't do repetitive work, but I did have whiplash about 10 years ago - not from a mva, but I fell backward in my work parking lot because the edge of the pavement broke under me and I whipped my head around as I was trying to catch myself and sprained my neck.

As for the hands up - I can hold them up both open and closed handed, and they don't hurt, but my fingers feel hot when I hold them over my head - same feeling I get where my nerve pain was from my lumbar region since I got my spinal epidural.

I will take a look at the vitamin d - they put me on 50,000 iU's 1x er week for 12 weeks and my levels went from 14 to 12 - their solution was to put me on the same thing for another 5 weeks which is a little disheartening. I'm not even sure how it's possible for me to have vit d deficiency since I send the majority of my days outside without sunblock, but I guess that's another story entirely.

mg neck prob - I will definitely be trying as many conservative approaches as possible before surgery - I did have the epidural for my low back and it was extremely painful for me, and I couldn't walk for a day and a half after I had it. My pain dr said that she could try a different medicine that was the type they normally used for necks the next time I need one, but I am terrified to have my neck done considering how painful my back was
silverfae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote