View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 01:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Oh, I am sure they would. Probably the biggest whining crybabies about it, too.

Just got off the phone with a potential new doctor, who, it turns out, is out of network (why do they say, I take XXX insurance as Out of Network, which means you pay me and submit the bills for reimbursement? Do they really think I am so stupid that I don't know that means that they DO NOT take my insurance, that I pay them and that IF I get any money back from my insurance it is entirely up to my efforts and my insurance's cooperation (insurance cooperation--bwaaaahhaaaaaaa!))

So, I tell him I don't have the money to pay, since first I have to go through my deductible, then I only get a percentage back after that. He keeps saying, well, once you get your deductible spent, which will go quickly, you'll be getting your percentage back, that's like $XX dollars coming back. But, mister, I don't have the money for the deductible part. But, he says, you'll be past the deductible in no time. BUT MISTER, I DON'T HAVE THE MONEY TO PAY OUT THE DEDUCTIBLE. OR MY PERCENTAGE OF THE REST. Beyond his comprehension, he only sees insurance checks coming back to me, so what's the problem? The problem is, I don't see any advantage to trusting my health to someone whose mind is so simple and limited. If he ever leaves medicine, he should sell used cars or credit cards.

Just once, a doctor who is a real, reasonable human being. Just once!
winic1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
chloecasey (05-24-2013)