View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 02:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

@Leesa ~ my pain levels are pretty low...on average a 2 sometimes 3. I was not given a soft collar. I have been so excited to get that darn thing off and today, my neck and head are very tired and heavy feeling. I'm sure it's because it got weaker with the cervical collar. It needs to get used to holding itself up. I have been driving since 3 weeks post-op but only around the village that I reside in. I couldn't do any highway driving but that has been lifted. I can drive unrestricted. He just told me to be careful. I'll start slowly because as I said before, my range of motion isn't very good yet. @mg neck prob - it's so nice to know that you have had a positive outcome. It really helps to stay focused, do my part and hope for the best. Also, I hope they work on posture with me at physical therapy. I'm an accountant and I constantly find my neck cranked forward at the computer. I need to really work on that!!

I will keep everyone updated and want to say thank you for being a lifeline before surgery. I was terrified. Terrified of surgery, terrified of falling or having an accident and becoming paralyzed. It was a long, dark and scary winter and it feels like I'm finally coming out of the dark. I only pray that I stay on this path.
ChelKB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote