Thread: Botox?
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 04:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tat868 View Post
It has been awhile since I have been on this forum and wanted to check in to update where things are at with me and find out if anyone has done Botox Injections and if so what the result was and for how long.

Right now I am on a 10mg Butrans patch for pain and it really has helped me a lot, however I would prefer to be off all pain meds and am looking into Botox as a solution. I am reluctant to try it as there is a heavy out of pocket expense for me and I am concerned about putting something like that in my body.

Would love to hear back from anyone who has tried this and what it did or did not do for you.
I tried Botox In January and didn't feel significant pain relief until almost a month after I received the shot. I enjoyed about a month of pain relief before the pain gradually started to return. Botox did not last as long as I had hoped. I would have liked to try it one more time but ultimately decided surgery was what was necessary for me.

I also think in addition to pain relief that Botox can offer peace of mind...remind you that you are not crazy and your symptoms are real.
Haute Mess is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tat868 (05-25-2013)