View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 04:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

So I brought my son for the tilt table test today. Unfortunately the test couldn't be completed, his legs were too weak, his knees started buckling and within 5 minutes, he started sliding down the table, the straps under his arms were the only things holding him up. The technician tried putting some pillows under his legs to support him, but it just didn't help. He lasted about 15 minutes and she said she didn't see any major fluctuations in his BP or heart rate and stopped the test. I really wasn't expecting this test to reveal anything anyway, he hasn't had any fainting spells or dizziness, so I don't know why the doctor ordered it in the first place.

So we're still at square one. I contacted his neurologist's office to request an authorization for a wheelchair and sunglasses (his eyes are still very sensitive to sunlight, even on a cloudy day) because he weighs 70 lbs and I don't have the strength to carry him into all of the appointments he's going to have to go to over the next few weeks. I hate to have to put him in a wheelchair, even if its just for appointments, I feel like I'm giving into this problem and I worry about the psychological effect it will have on him, but I don't know what else to do, I have to get him to his doctor's appointments and I'm relying on cabs to get us there because I'm without a vehicle right now and there is no one else around to help me out.

So that's where we're at right now. Just wanted to let all of you know and thanks again for all of the advice/support, I really appreciate it.

Sally
sallymanda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (05-24-2013)