View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 07:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thank you and a new question!

As your posts are very wise, I have a new question. If it needs to go somewhere else, please let me know. I am new to this group and still trying to find my way around. I have TN and had Gamma Knife surgery which made it worse. The slightest breeze or cold wind sets off an intense pain that will go on for hours. I take Baclofen and Trileptal, (I have Percocet but do not like to take it). My question today involves clothing. In the winter, I find loose fleece headbands, scarves and hoods helpful but summer is another story. Do you know of any sites that have clothing for people with this type of pain?
Now regarding your post, I did send a "thank you" a few days ago. My husband does not have a clue but he tries; for which I am grateful! His suggestion of wearing a ski mask was appreciated but I can't even imagine how much that would hurt! My brother has RA and as a Neuro Biologist, he does understand. So, that helps! I am lucky in so many ways. At 61, I was able to get Disability and can stay in the house when I want to. I also have two cats. They never judge me and I do not have to take them out for walks. I think animals are great healers.
Thanks again for your words of wisdom!
TN-GK What Now? is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote