View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 05:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemokimo View Post
I take it that no one took a look at Dr Manso or, if they did, concluded that he was really "out there".
Well, I took a quick look, but I don't feel comfortable judging one individual - as far as it is possible - doc.

It's also very personal. When I read...

Quote:
He tries to work with the whole person in a natural manner and see can God can do rather than what medications can do. Where possible if you need medications then he likes to prescribe natural or bioidentical medicines rather than man made chemicals.
... I slowly walk backwards to the door. But your mileage may vary.

I'm a skeptic. I read about Big Pharma, but I also read about Big Supplement (it's quite a big industry these days...) However: almost all of the advice I read here is based on science (and a lot of experience). You don't have to follow it, but just know that the link between statins & PN is very solid. I doubt any clued up doc would dispute that. My doc didn't.

This forum offers you an insight, but you can't really expect it to say: "throw away the statins, take omega3 and you'll be fine". It doesn't work that way, which is a good thing.

The only advice I can give is to keep on reading - both here, and the books that are referred to.

I'm currently having a cholesterol problem myself, but because I know I don't want to go anywhere near statins, I decided to look for a different route. In my case, the route that seems to help greatly with my PN will most probably also help with my cholesterol. I will get checked again in a month (2 months into the process) to see where I'm at.
Wide-O is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (05-30-2013)