Thread: Please Help
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 06:30 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimA View Post
I'm going to be writing to my MP from the perspective of someone newly diagnosed and the ways in which the lack of knowledge and awareness about the disease affects me at what I must say is a very difficult time.

However, I do not, as yet, have any experience with the NHS in relation to this. So far, I have been dealing with private doctors through my insurance. I don't even want to think about dealing with my GP for this. I had to tell him what to prescribe for my migraines. He also thought the torn cartilage in my wrist was arthritis.
I've written to my MP about it and have had a reply suggesting he's interested in finding out more and will be attending the debate. Yes. I know he's a politician and is hardy likely to say anything else!

I've been really lucky with the NHS. I've had a great consultant, an excellent physio. I've also been fortunate to have a GP who has come across the condition and has sensible suggesions. I've passed this on to me GP, along with an explanation that this is rarely the case
kbarrett is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote