View Single Post
Old 05-12-2007, 12:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Justice,

You are no more twisted then the rest of us. LOL. In fact we have all been or are now going through something. That's why we are here. Without getting specific, religions can be twisted or people twist them or .......well you already know that. God is different. He is bigger and wiser than all of that. If fact he is love himself as you pointed out.

David was pointing out what he has experienced as well as what the Bible has to say. They don't have to be mutually exclusive.

By the way, welcome back David. We have actually posted together before, (see the back page of this board - a thread called Grace Walk.)

What we have learned is that God is not a mean God who wants everything a certain way and then zaps us when we don't measure up. Yes, as I mentioned in my earlier posts, the Bible teaches that Jesus did come to earth and die for the sins of the world. If we as individuals admit we have sinned and receive the gift of salvation - also known as mercy and grace, then we can know that we are saved. Once that issue is settled, then how do we live?
Do we still try to do the best we can, trying to measure up to a God that never seems to be satisfied?

No! God himself not only does not condemn us but comes right where we are and helps us. He continues to do that. He is not our enemy. He loves us more than we love ourselves. Why? Because he made us and doesn't give up on us.

Romans 8:1
There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus.

As Chemar pointed out, this is a muti-faith board. I think she means we are not to bash any particular brand of religion. I, and I think I can speak for David and others, are talking specifically about Christianity and what the Bible says. If people are not interested in that, that is all right, but I think it is OK to talk about this in general terms......Moderators correct me if I'm wrong.

Now, Justice, you have been through a lot. You have been hurt. I validate your feelings. I don't believe you need to apologize to anyone. You have raised a very good question at the beginning of this thread.

Judy
SallysMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote