View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 10:10 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi lara - I don't recall anything unusual back when he first started becoming symptomatic, no virus, immunizations, etc. Because all of his tests keep coming back normal while the weakness in his legs continues to get worse with each passing week, I'm beginning to wonder if ALS is a possibility. From what I've read online, ALS is usually diagnosed with an EMG when every other possible disease/illness is ruled out, and since his neuro hasn't scheduled an EMG for him, I am going to mention it when I hear back from him on monday (I had to put a call into the office friday to let them know that he couldn't make it through the tilt table test, couldn't stand for more than a few minutes, etc)

He had a horrible night last night with muscle spasms in his legs from trying so hard to stand on the table for the test, when I was trying to help him get undressed in his bed he was screaming into his pillow, it was heartbreaking. He's asking questions like, "Why is this happening to me?!" and I have no answers, all I can try to do is comfort him.

I hope we'll have some answers soon. Thanks to everyone for your advice/support.
sallymanda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (06-09-2013)