View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 01:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'll try to help ~

C3-4 mild central canal stenosis (narrowing) with a mild rear disc bulge abuttment and flatting the front of the spinal cord. Spurring encroaches the neural foramina. The foramen are the holes that the nerves pass thru to get to the spinal cord.

C4-5 Moderate rear bone spurs and mild spurring and ventral abuttment and flattening of the cervical cord and moderate canal stenosis (narrowing). The foramina are mildly encroached. (narrowed)

C5-6 Mild spurring and mild rear disc bulge causing mild central canal stenosis.

Note: C3-4 and C4-5 Signs of Cervical Myelomalacia, which is spinal bleeding causing softening of the spinal cord; Hemorrhagic infarction of spinal cord can occur as a sequel to an acute injury. This should be further investigated. I would NOT let doctors take this LIGHTLY if I were you, but find someone who will investigate. Perhaps a teaching hospital.

Plus at C4-5 it indicates that the whole cord is flattened, not just a part of it, like at C3-4.

I definitely would want ANOTHER OPINION on this MRI. I'd go to a NEUROSURGEON if I were you. And then after that, get 2 MORE opinions! Don't rely on just one Neuro opinion. We're talking about some pretty serious issues here. So in total, get 3 opinions from Neurosurgeon, okay? And PLEASE, let us know what they say. I'd really like to know, and Im sure everyone else would too! God bless and please take care. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (05-28-2013)