View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 06:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Dry socket woes continue

Bryanna,

Many thanks for you quick reply and good advice. To answer a few of your questions:

1. My OS did not repack my socket with bone graft material after debridement - should he as I plan to have an implant (eventually).
2. I believe it was just the exposed part of the graft material that was actually hard but the material under was sort of soft and gritty.

Last night I started to get that really "gross" taste back in my mouth so now I am almost certain that I have yet another bout of dry socket. That being said so far the pain is much more tolerable. My OS provided me with his cell number and I texted him this morning about the meds and also told him about the putrid taste returning. He changed my amoxicillan to a z-pack (due to intolerance) and also said he didn't believe I had another dry socket... I am not so sure. His suggestion was to continue to rinse with warm salt water.

Thank you for you advice on herbal teas, smoothies etc. My husband is from Ethiopia and they drink spiced hot water with cardamon, cinnamon, and cloves. I have actually been drinking it like crazy and it does provide some relief.

I am having a hard time sleeping and realize that I suffer from dry mouth at night - this has been for some time now. I am sure this is contributing to my problems. Do you have any guidance for dry mouth? Many thanks again. I am very anxious these days - I am dreading the thought of another dry socket (same socket) and just hope this terrible taste does not manifest into DS.
sadieyaa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote