Thread: Scary report
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 07:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default doing better

I finally was able to fall asleep around 3am by taking enough sedating meds. I woke up around 10 and the pain had died down considerably. I still have a burning pain in my chest that is more of a simmer than what I experienced for 16+ hours. I still cannot put my scapular area against anything unless it is substantially cushioned.

All of this happened 4 days after getting an injection at c7 / c8. The injection gave me incredible range of motion in my neck that I never had before. However it only lasted two days and then pain started building in neck/shoulder/scapula which is my norm. I am wondering if the shot was somehow connected to this experience but maybe I am grasping for straws.

My local doc wants me to see a neurosurgeon thinking I may have cervical issues on top of TOS. I have been down that road and already have two fusions from it and I really do not think my spine is the issue. I think all this is radiating pain from the brachial plexis area. Something has changed after the first 3 months post surgery. If it is scarring I need to get back to my surgeon (Pearl) who I had hoped would call me after I contacted them. My doctor who referred me is going to contact him next week.
romans8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote