Thread: Botox?
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 10:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Botox

Quote:
Originally Posted by tat868 View Post
It has been awhile since I have been on this forum and wanted to check in to update where things are at with me and find out if anyone has done Botox Injections and if so what the result was and for how long.

Right now I am on a 10mg Butrans patch for pain and it really has helped me a lot, however I would prefer to be off all pain meds and am looking into Botox as a solution. I am reluctant to try it as there is a heavy out of pocket expense for me and I am concerned about putting something like that in my body.

Would love to hear back from anyone who has tried this and what it did or did not do for you.
Hi,
I have had BOTOX. I had it thru Dr. Dean Donahue at MGH. It was an unusual experience for the Dr who did it, however didn't surprise me that much. He could not believe that I had such pain when he was injecting my R scalene muscle. I've always been told how tight my neck muscles are. My son would said, MUM, your neck is like a wrestler's! However, I am also that one in a million person who has a problem with med (I can't count how many I'm allergic) to and the Dr. told me ahead of time that no one ever has a problem with the BOTOX injections. That was until me. After he removed the needle and reentered it it was still difficult and my other side was also stiff, but not as bad. My results were unsuccessful. Altho many have had it done there and were fine. Hope this helps.
irisheyesmilin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote