View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 11:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Lightbulb Walking

Quote:
Originally Posted by antikamars View Post
Had my surgery on September 10th 2012 and after 8 months post surgery I have good and bad to report which has brought me back.

The good:
*The upper shoulder pains are gone and I have finally figured out my management meds for the symptoms that still remain. Current meds are Lyrica and Viibryd (can not miss this one or the day is just ruined).

The bad:
* Still only working 30 hours a week because of lack of energy and pain that comes from sitting in my trapezius region from long periods of sitting.
*Lack of energy is so bad that even though I am not eating anymore I have gained 20lbs in the last 8 months.
*Have a really hard time getting restful sleep.

Any advice? I want to go back to full time. (Finances have slowly gone down hill-supporting family of 4 on this 30 per week) I do take 2/40 milligram adderalls per day in morning and mid afternoon. I feel gross from the large about of weight gain in such a small period of time and the most pressing is that I don't feel like me anymore...I have no energy at all...no zest for life..Its just plain depressing.

You all have been so wonderful and supportive. Going to see primary soon and anything I can take with me or suggestions are much appreciated.
Hi,
So sorry to hear, the BAD. However, if you are able and it sounds as if you are getting depressed try pushing yourself to walk. A little at a time. My doc says I am going to be walking the day of surgery and thereafter a little more everyday. I asked if I could use my treadmill (in case the weather stinks) and he said, sure. I hope this helps, let me know what your doc says. Hit the book icon by mistake, sorry, lol.

Last edited by irisheyesmilin; 05-26-2013 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Just heard the great news, congratulations!!
irisheyesmilin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
antikamars (05-27-2013)