View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 11:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Book

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limoges View Post
What is Pilates doing for you? I would think it would be very aggravating to TOS. I've had to give it up since surgery, but then again, I no longer have pain or symptoms, so I accept the tradeoff, no problem.

Limoges,

When I hear your posts I am always excited and encouraged about my up and coming tos surgery with. Dr. Donahue. You have had such positive things to say about your surgery that it makes me feel so hopeful. I've read you had tos over 30 yrs and I have had it over 40. D has not promised me a whole lot, not because of my age because I did ask him if he was worried about that and he said, no, he is more worried about the length of time I've had the tos. The few things he has not wanted to confirm can be done are my, neck and shoulder. I am upset because of my neck not being able to be moved forward and back, side to side and tilted to R or L. My should is always burning (even tho I do take Tyl. 3). He said I will take dylaudid in the hosp. Did you have any neck or shoulder pain? Funny, I was hoping to try pilates and yoga after surgery, but I will have to wait and listen to everyone. Since I have been so limited for so long I am anxious to change that. Like holding a book to read it instead of having to put it down w/in 5 min. because of the neck and shoulder pain. Also, I would love to hold babies. I was so robbed of my grandchildren when they were small. I pushed and pushed to hold them anyway and eventually had to stop. I used to rock my grandson (who had reflux for a year) in a straight chair without arms because I couldn't sit on one (hence a rocking chair). So, I am again very happy to hear anything you have to say as well as others who have used D because it makes me feel so encouraged. Thanks Again Limoges

Irisheyesmilin
irisheyesmilin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote