View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 05:52 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloecasey View Post
No, I have never had any issues with lower back or spine ....the pain in my legs is mostly apparant during sleep and started at about 20 months post op, so I believe it is the nerve damage in the neck area which has traveled to the lower extremities.....peripheral neuropathy??
I showed evidence of Horner's Syndrome in my left eye (surgical side) and I do not sweat on the left side either and was told that typically it is gone at about 3 months.... I am now about 28 months post op and told that it is permanent. Facial numbness and strange sensation that brings on lightheadedness and nausea and was told it is likely Vagus nerve damage which I have researched and that can cause alot of different symptoms ....heart rate issues, digestion problems and others. I know I am not a doctor however I know myself pretty well and never had these issues prior to surgery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
And none of you have any low back/spinal issues?

This is very interesting.
If you had xrays /MRI and no issues were found, then it could be myofascial/postural related.

The good thing is, it should be treatable with good PT/bodywork, addressing the whole body instead of only the upper body TOS type symptoms.

Possibly Sharon Butler's gentle stretching technique, for self care as she addresses the fascia connection.
I don't know if she added a whole body section to her site though. Might be good to request.

It might be interesting to have a time frame noted.
How long you had TOS sx , and how long til the lower body got these symptoms.
Mine also started post op, about 8 months, at 10 now. Same as chloecasey described, I believe it to be peripheral neuropathy but Jomar you are right, it could also be myofascial however my PTs have tried addressing this with no luck. I will keep trying with the PT with the leg issues. I also have facial numbness, had it pre-op on the operative side but its much more often now and on both sides.

However I have not done any xrays or MRIs of my L-spine. That is something I am now considering....

I have plantar fascitis as well and have very recently begun wearing custom orthotics, hoping that will help. No matter how much I stretch my legs every day they, especially the right side is just as tight and painful the next day.

-6/20/14 Seroma Drainage Right Side

-7/18/13 Re-do of Right sided Supraclavicular Thoracic Outlet Decompression by Resection of Cervical Rib, First Rib, and Neurolysis

-8/30/12 Unsuccessful Right sided Supraclavicular Thoracic Outlet Decompression via Scalenectomy, Brachial Plexus and C2 through T1 Neurolysis, Resection of fibrous band attachment to Cervical Rib and Pectoralis Minor Tenetomy
parbie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote