View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 07:33 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am new too. I started with double vision and went through MRI, spinal tap, etc. the first MG test was negative. Double vision got worse, so, ophthalmologist sent me to a neuro ophthalmologist . She said there is a high rate of false negatives on MG and wanted to do it again before doing another spinal tap. I had no other symptoms and thought this was a waste of money....no way I had MG. imagine my,shock when they called to say positive. My treatment has been trial and error. I am 48 with a 3 and 6 yr old. This hasn't been fun. Three months on prednisone...side effects were worse than MG. I did not respond well to it. it is taking me 6 wks to taper off and I am switching to cellcept. I take mestinon every 3 to 4 hrs. I did a round of IVIG for a week...didn't really seem to help too much. Although, it is clearly hard to know bec it could be halting progression. I am considering having my thymus removed now. Just a few months into this, but decided from the start that it make take a year or so to figure out best treatment plan.... And, I spend lots of time working on my mental health.
Mastas is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
crayolagal (05-26-2013)