View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 11:59 AM
----

10 yr Member
----

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie D View Post
Is a neurogenic bladder the type when you don't know you have to urinate? I can go for 5-6 hrs and think to myself, "Guess I should try." Then when I see the toilet it's hurry up and get those pants down I don't usually have the urge to go anymore...I take sanctuary for urgency; guess it's working

I believe a neurogenic bladder is when it constricts the passing of urine and you can't pee easily. It is common for paralyzed people to have the same thing. It's why they have to cath and drain it out so it doesn't back-up and ruin your kidneys or make you have an accident.

My problem was mixed, but not bad. I had urgency, went to pee, zipped up and would get a trickle down the leg every time. I brushed it off as drinking to many sodas or something...I didn't think anything of it. But nope...it turned out to be a neurogenic problem. I discovered this after I passed out from dizzyness one day and finally called mom to tell her something was wrong with me and I gotta go to the doctors. That's when it all came out...I told him about the dribbling, dizzyness, head spinning, heavy feeling fingers...ect ect.... I knew about MS then, but not fully what it was.

That is when I came here to ask in my first thread if I'll be incontinent for the rest of my life I reallly thought that all MS people become incontinent like you see in movies and hear all over the place

I got prescribed some pills for that and it's all good now.
EricP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote