View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 12:12 PM
----

10 yr Member
----

10 yr Member

One of the worst things about MS is not even the symptom, but one of the social aspect of it. Especially in early diagnoses people do appear to function normally. I walk around pretty good I don't have balance issues to bad and never use any canes or anything. I can't sprint or run all that much, but I'm still very mobile.

On the outside some of us look normal, but in the inside people that see us, do not realize how we feel, and try and hide how we feel. Recently I became winded after walking around the large stores for long, so I've been using the store scooters nowadays if I feel like it;., expecially last week when it got darn humid out. I was so embarrassed, because I am young, and look normal...like WTF is wrong with him? he doesn't even have a cast on his leg. Little did they know I felt like a dump in 100 degree weather, my legs were tense and it felt like I had rocks in my shoes and pin pricks that irritated the hell out of me.

So yes I've been there... I've had days when dad wanted to go to the races and I simply didn't feel like it and'or scared I'd be there and have to leave fast due to something.. So I turn down a nice inventation where a young guy like me should of been like "hell yes I'll go!. It makes us look anti social, it turns people off and eventually they don't like to be near you.

They just don't understand how it is, so I can't get mad at them, but it still is really hurtful sometimes... I have a couple of friends now that do not really text me anymore when before they'd be texting me every day.
EricP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
used2party (05-27-2013)